Skip to main content

Are Your I-9's in Order? - ICE Promises a 5 Fold Increase in Enforcement Inspections

Compliance Key INC - HR Webinar in United States

Overview
In the 2017 Fiscal Year ending 9/30/2017, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) conducted 1,360 I-9 audits during the entire year,
In the 2018 Fiscal Year starting 10/1/2017, ICE has already conduced 2,282 through May 4, 2018.
In addition, ICE has raised the fines for incorrect I-9 forms to $224 to $2,236 per incorrect I-9 form. The amount of the fine depends upon the percentage of incorrect I-9 forms.
Recent I-9 Penalties issues by ICE:
  • Buffalo Transportation Company - $109,000 for not completing Section 2
  • Asplundh - $95 Million
  • Panda Express - $600,000
  • Florida Pizza Delivery Company, Pizzerias, LLC - $140,000
Don't let your company become a statistic.
This webinar will concentrate on:
  • The importance of understanding the requirements for completing I-9 Forms.
  • The importance of the timeliness of completing I-9 forms.
  • Determining best practices for Electronic Record keeping of I-9 Forms.
  • Developing a follow-up mechanism for temporary work authorizations.
  • The differences between E-Verify and I-9 record keeping requirements.
  • Fines and penalties for non compliance
  • Conducting an I-9 Audit
Why should you attend this webinar?
To gain the Peace of Mind - knowing that all of your I-9's are correct, you are using the most up to date form and no penalties will be issued in the event of an ICE audit.
With over 16 years in business, the presenter has conducted hundreds of I-9 audits. Of those, one organization was 100% correct. That's a very low percentage rate.
Compliance is not difficult if you know what you are doing.
Areas Covered in the Session:
  • Learn the nuances of the Electronic I-9 form
  • Know all the documents that are used to determine identity and work authorization.
  • Learn your responsibilities for completing I-9 forms for individuals with temporary work authorization.
  • Completing the form for remote employees
  • Ensure compliance with electronic and/or manual record retention requirements
  • Implementing a voluntary E-Verify procedure
  • How to audit and make changes to I-9 forms
Who can Benefit:
  • Any and all employees responsible for completing the new employee sign-up, orientation and on-boarding.
  • Human Resources Professionals
  • Employees required to sign up or the on boarding of new employees
  • Payroll administrators
  • Individuals responsible for maintaining personnel files
Visit:https://www.compliancekey.us/webinarDetails?industryId=3&webinarid=1308&speakerid=232

Compliance Key INC
https://www.compliancekey.us/cross-industry-functions
  717-208-8666

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Design Controls

Compliance Key INC  -  Medical Device Training Overview Design Controls are the processes used to design, develop, and manage medical devices that you manufacture. They are mandated by federal regulation, however, the regulations concerning design controls are vague in terms of the specific process steps required and the approaches that should be taken to achieve compliance should be developed. Knowing how the FDA both views and examines design controls is crucial to achieving compliance throughout the life of the medical devices you manufacture and is one of the most valuable compliance subject areas to explore. Noncompliance in design controls, which are consistently uncovered by the FDA during inspections and examinations, are concerned with the design control process that has been designed and applied and the documentation required to support each design control step. The specific sections of the regulations that apply to design controls include CFR 21 Part 820 Qua...

Essentials of Affirmative Action and OFCCP Compliance

Compliance Key INC  -  Human Resource Training Online                                                                  Janette Levey Frisch Janette Levey Frisch is Keynote Speaker at Compliance key Inc. She is founder of  The EmpLAWyerologist Firm, has over 20 years of legal experience, more than 10 of which she has spent in Employment Law. It was during her tenure as sole in-house counsel for a mid-size staffing company headquartered in Central New Jersey, with operations all over the continental US, that she truly developed her passion for Employment Law.   Webinar Id:   CICJE001  10.00 AM PT | 01.00 PM ET   01/09/2018  Duration: 90 mins  Overview If you are a federal contractor, having a firm grasp on the essentials ...

SOX Compliance: Accounts Receivable Risks and Controls

Overview The accounts receivable process includes the sub-cycles of acquiring and accepting customer orders; writing sales contracts; granting customer credit; shipping or otherwise delivering products or services; billing and recording sales and lease transactions; maintaining and monitoring accounts receivable; instituting effective collection procedures; recording and controlling cash receipts; establishing pricing and promotional activities; and properly valuing receivable balances. In management's selection of procedures and techniques of control, the degree of control implemented is a matter of reasonable business judgment. The common guideline used in determining the degree of internal controls implementation is that the cost of a control should not exceed the benefit derived. The Order to Cash Process (O2C) Process is comprised of several sub-processes that must have a foundation of internal controls for SOX 404 certification process. This webinar wil...